Friday, February 4, 2011

Barbecue Marinated Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Carrots

I found a recipe for barbecue marinade on the back of a molasses bottle last month and decided to try it out. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I just eyeballed the amounts. The chicken came out juice and almost falling apart. Dave praised it as fantastic and the best chicken he ever ate. I call that a win. Anyway, here it is.




BBQ Marinade
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder or a garlic glove
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp hot sauce

Mix everything together and marinade chicken in it for an hour or so and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or so.

I like to add more hot sauce and garlic. It makes it extra yummy. I added a bit of the extra bbq sauce left in the pan on my taters. To roast the carrots I just drizzled olive oil on them added salt, pepper, and rosemary, then roasted at 375 for 30 minutes. I think I will make this a regular meal since it got so many praises from the family.

3 comments:

  1. yum. I love roasted carrots, so does Michael. We now roast almost all our veggies. sweet potatoes and asparagus are the current favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We roast most of our veggies too. It makes them sweeter and that is the best way to get husbands to eat them.

    ReplyDelete